Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Pacific

Sometimes I take photos with my phone and forget about them for months. It's fun to discover them when I end up checking my gallery for some reason. Today I found this photo. It's not the best picture of me, but it certainly captures the essence of the moment for me.

I took the photo about a month ago, during a business trip to Santa Monica. It was the last evening of the trip, and I spent it walking along the ocean. Since it was an evening in January, the beach and pier weren't crowded at all and it was very peaceful. I was walking and watching the sun set over the ocean.

Looking back, it occurs to me that in poetry and literature travelling to the Pacific Ocean is sometimes an allegory for life coming to an end. In my case, maybe it's a phase of my life coming to an end.

No comments: