I don't even remember how I first heard of them. I think I must have stumbled on a label artist while listening to an Internet music feed or while bopping around on iTunes. However it happened, I ended up buying a couple of compilations (Lounge du Soleil 9 and 11, and Deep House Dreams 4), and then went on to buy albums by specific artists. The first artist album I purchased was the deeply chilled Pour L'amour by Lemongrass. While the label's artists are firmly within the lounge, chill, and/or ambient continuum, most of them bring something unique to their sonic palette that distinguishes them from the run-of-the-mill martini/lounge, chill-out, downtempo output. The artists are from all over the world, bringing a variety of musical sensibilities to the table.
Here are some examples of the fantastic music available from this label:
- Glam Sam and His Combo (Sweden) - "The Last Days of Disco"
- Kondencuotas Pienas (Lithuania) - "So Pure" (Lemongrass Remix)
- Tafubar (Italy) - "Rondo Romano" (Redlounge Orchestra Epic Mix)
- Alexandra Hampton (USA) - "90 West"
- SW (Netherlands) - "Golden in the Gaze of the Sun"