Sunday, June 6, 2010

"There's nothing on the radar."

That's what Jim said this afternoon after I said, "I'm not sure if we should go on a bike ride." Of course I retorted that when I see clouds and feel rain, I don't really care what's the radar says. But Jim persisted, and I hated the idea of wasting a chance to get some more miles in.

Well, the picture here is what happened after we left the house. We got poured on, with gritty water flipping up our backs and down our asses, took shelter in an underpass for twenty minutes, learned that where we had been not ten minutes before was being pelted with hail, and then got to look like major dorks riding home in the rain along a busy road.

And only 8 miles to show for it. Jim will not live this down for a long time (and we're getting the deep dish pizza I like tonight!). But I guess it's really nothing to cry about.  After all, it's just water. And it'll make a great story!

No comments: