Monday, May 28, 2012

Wildlife on the Bike Paths

Jim and I went biking today, and we went early since the temperature was supposed to get into the high 80s or low 90s. Due to the unpredictable weather, this is only my third ride this year so I'm only up to about 60 miles total so far. I am beginning to get the feeling I need to get into riding in cooler weather or I'm going to have trouble racking up the kind of mileage I'm used to. 

As often happens, there was a wildlife sighting. This time it was big turtle (or a tortoise?) sitting on the edge of the path. He was about a foot long, and just sitting there. Maybe sunning himself? I snapped this picture of him, but it didn't help me figure out what kind of critter he is. I searched online but was unable to find anything that looked like this guy.

No comments: