Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chrysalis of Fire

As I mention in my profile, I am a writer. I have had poetry and short stories published. Although not published in hard copy, I have published a science fiction novel called 'Chrysalis of Fire' through Kindle. Here's the synopsis from Amazon.com:

"Two centuries in the future, a military power called the Nexus controls a war-ravaged Earth. Science is treason, and the scientists and engineers (the 'Galileans') are exiled to harsh off-world settlements.

"Commander Aaron Drake thrived in the battle-hardened world of the Nexus - despite his scientific background - until the Nexus ordered him to destroy a mysterious probe that might represent first contact with aliens.

"Caught between ruthless Nexus agents and dangerous Galilean raiders, the probe leads Drake from a battle on the pirate settlement of Vesta to the Galileans' base on Ganymede, where he learns the truth about the Nexus, the Galileans, and his own past.

"But Drake's battle for survival really begins when the Nexus and Galileans are forced to work together after decades of enmity. As the Nexus and Galileans race to a final showdown with each other - and a power that could destroy humanity - Drake realizes he has to choose whether he is a man of war or science."

Writing a novel was something that just sorta happened, and it was a long process. While I may not sell many copies on Kindle (given that this post is pretty much the extent of my marketing efforts), I'm still very proud that I brought such a huge project to completion. A novel is a huge canvas to fill, and it was a lot of fun. Check it out at:

http://www.amazon.com/Chrysalis-of-Fire-ebook/dp/B0014CS4A6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243982969&sr=8-2

No comments: