Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's London

We've finally decided on a trip for the Fall, and it's London. I've never been there before, so I'm really looking forward to it. Some friends at work have been giving me all sorts of advice about where to go and how to get around, not that I have any doubt that we'll have plenty to do.

I would really like to see Hatfield, where Elizabeth I lived and learned she had become queen. There was supposedly a big tree outside the house that she was standing beneath when they gave her the news. Beyond that, of course there is the theatre and all the sights around London. Part of me would like to take a trip to see Stonehenge, but I think it's really far from London and most people tell me it's not worth it.

So that's all booked...now we have to start thinking about where to go in the Spring!

No comments: