Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Paul moves

Paul is one of my best friends (he's in the pic on the right with another close friend Gretchen), and he's moving to Austin, TX in a few days. I'm bummed about it.

Of course I'm happy for him. He's going to pursue some of his life goals (not to mention he can avoid Chicago-area winters). However, it sucks having someone who you are close to moving so far away.
On the plus side, I now have a place to crash should I ever visit Austin!

I guess I feel that - as you get older - it seems more difficult to form new solid friendships. Of course, I've never been someone who wants or needs a ton of friends. I just couldn't deal with that kind of social calendar. But that means the close friends I do have are all the more important to me. There's all that history, and they know my strengths (as well as the stuff you'd rather they didn't know!).

I suppose this is a wussy post...after all this is the 21st Century, and there's more ways to keep in contact than ever before. And it's not like he's moving to India or something. Oh well, enough whining. Good luck in Austin, Paul! See you this winter!

1 comment:

Pauldo said...

See ya in Sept first. In Austin now checking it out. I likes!