Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Barracudas

The Barracudas is the name of my team in the gay bowling league Jim and I belong to. We've been going for quite a few years. It's only once a month so it doesn't get to be too much of a commitment but, on the down side, it's hard to build momentum in your game bowling when bowling so infrequently.

In any case, I think that might no longer be true. First game of the season saw my average go up to 125 (yes, I know, you're thinking: "why would he advertise that in his blog?"). Last night, I bowled within a few points of my average in all three games. The big deal about all of this is that my main problem as a bowler is consistency. I'll mark for several frames in a row and then get a pin or two on a few 'at bats' over the next several frames.

I still had some messed up frames, but I definitely 'feel it' more when I'm bowling and that's helping me do better overall. We took 5 of 7 points last month, and I'm positive we nabbed all 7 last night. If we're not in first place in our division, then we'll definitely be second!

Jim had one 200+ game last night, which certainly didn't hurt. Really the whole team did well. Plus we won the drawing for a round of free drinks! Mr. Jack helps me bowl better.

No comments: