Sunday, July 8, 2012

Influx of Input

I have been on fire the last few days: amazon.com, updating the Netflix queue, and reviewing my magazine subscriptions. Here's what's in and what's coming:
  • Two new CDs by BT: If The Stars Are Eternal So Are You And I and Nuovo Morceau Subrosa
  • Renewed subscription to ArtNews
  • New subscription: BOMB - A magazine in which artists, musicians, authors, etc. are interviewed by other artists, musicians, authors, etc.
  • Swann's Way, Marcel Proust - Gotta give this guy a try.
  • Death in Venice, Thomas Mann - Angst from the early 20th Century
  • The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov - Absurdist lit from Russia
  • Journey to the End of the Night, Louis-Ferdinand Celine - Comments about this novel promise that it will make Sartre and Zola look like lighthearted romps
  • The Complete Stories, Franz Kafka - I have yet to read "The Metamorphosis"!
  • Orpheus - directed by Jean Cocteau (this is coming on the Netflix queue) - Led to this by his connection to Andre Gide.
Lots of stuff for my mind to digest. Oh but I have neglected to mention what's here at our home now from Netflix...ah yes...The Muppets! One must moderate oneself.

Here's Animal! He's always been my favorite!

No comments: