Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Scars of Battle

Sparring some more in hapkido, and this time I got some going away prizes. I have no idea how I got this cut on my foot. After I was done sparring and had to go sit back down, I felt my foot burning and looked down to see blood.  Once I wiped it away it was pretty clear it wasn't really that bad. One guy says I probably got cut on my opponent's belt.

I also have a bruise the size of a large apple on my shin, a couple thumbprint bruises on my wrists, a bruise the size of a half dollar on my forearm, and another greenish one on the side of my knee.

I'm very proud of myself for being able to spar, as physically attacking someone just isn't my style. I think what I like about it is that it allows me to put together multiple moves (block, punch, kick) together with a live opponent. If I didn't spar, it would be like learning how to read music without ever playing an instrument.

No comments: