Sunday, July 4, 2010

Three eggs now

How can there be a third egg suddenly when there have only been two for so long? How does that happen?

Anyway, I'm hoping I can webcam the hatching and post here.  I would love to go up to the nest and get a pic of the mother bird sitting there, but I just know that's an awful idea. She might get spooked and abandon the nest. The other thing I worry about is what if one of the babies falls out of the nest? There's no way I could let 'nature take its course'. Have to find something I could use to pick up the baby without leaving a human scent on it. Hopefully, it won't come to that!

I also wonder why robin eggs are blue? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be brown or grey so they blend into the nest more? Blue eggs seem like they'd be easier for predators to spot.

No comments: