Monday, July 6, 2009

Another goal? (part 2) & other threads

It looks like none of the schools near me offer any kind of Masters in English or English Lit. Well, that kind of stinks! My only option is to check out degree programs online, though I wonder if they'll let you get a degree like this over the Internet. I would imagine many English academics are anti-Internet hippies. I'll keep investigating.

On the plus side, the weather has gotten a lot better and I've been biking at least 20 miles a week. Going out this AM and hope to do 30 miles. Of course the weather didn't improve enough to avoid a pile of rain on the Fourth. That was pretty depressing; had to stay inside all day. Well, at least I got a lot of reading done on my current Melville novel (Redburn), which is much better than that mess (Mardi). Hapkido also continues to go well, though I've taken a week off while my parents are visiting.

Lastly, I contacted an old friend (Ray) from out of the blue and we'll probably meet up for dinner sometime to catch up. So fun! He's been in a relationship for about fifteen years, and we used to do all sorts of cool stuff when we hung out years ago. I remember one time we went into one of those queerboi clothing stores that line the streets of most pink ghettos and went around making fun of all the dorky clothes. The salespeople glared at us the entire time but, because we were gay, there wasn't much they could do about it! I suppose we've probably matured by now...maybe?

No comments: